The Home Safety Council (HSC) is the only national nonprofit organization solely dedicated to preventing home related injuries that result in nearly 20,000 deaths and 21 million medical visits on average each year. Through national programs, partnerships and the support of volunteers, HSC educates people of all ages to be safer in and around their homes. The Home Safety Council is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization located in Washington, DC.
• Car seat checkup event where trained technicians show parents how to use and install their car seat correctly and ensure kids are in the right seat for their age and size. Find a checkup event in your area.
• Workshops in schools to bring attention to pedestrian safety issues and ensure that kids learn how to stay safe while walking to school or in their neighborhood.
• Bike rodeos to bring community members and children together to learn how to have fun while riding safely.
• Sports safety clinics to provide coaches, parents, young athletes and league organizers the knowledge and skills essential to preventing sports injuries and emergencies in young athletes. Find a clinic in your area.
• Classes for new and expecting moms to learn all the important things for keeping kids safe in their first year of life.